Masami Hibino

Can E2 visa holders use their existing business to apply for the EB-5?

Can E2 visa holders use their existing business to apply for the EB-5? What are some of the risks they should be aware of?


Marko Issever
April 17, 2023 10:58 AM  Marko Issever

Yes, they can. If they can expand their business using funds with provable sources of funds, are willing to invest the minimum required amount of capital, and create the requisite sustained ten full-time positions, there should be no issues. If USCIS denies their I-526 petition, they can remain in the US with their E-2 status. The creation of requisite jobs is not necessary for I-526 petition approval. They could receive it based on the expectation of job creation. They could end up receiving a two-year conditional green card but not being able to file the I-829 or file but not get approval if they cannot create the jobs. Clients must, therefore, weigh the pros and cons of business expansion before deciding to embark on this venture. They might decide to invest in a regional center-sponsored EB5 project after all.


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.