Masami Hibino

Can you comment on the best strategy following I-526 approval?

Can you comment on the best strategy following I-526 approval if an applicant thinks that it might take a long time before the conditional green card is approved? What if the applicant is already in the US and would like to travel abroad and also be able to work. What are their options?


Marko Issever
December 29, 2018 09:29 PM  Marko Issever

Very good question. Following the approval of I-526 application, an investor in the US could file simultaneously I-485 to receive the conditional green card as well as I-131 to be allowed to travel abroad and I-765 in order to obtain work authorization. Because I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status can take several months, following I-526 approval, filing I-131 and I-765 to travel abroad and to be able to work is a very good idea.


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.