Masami Hibino

Can EB-5 application be transferred?

Our client, for personal reasons, decided to withdraw his pending I-526 application and transfer his spot to his spouse. Can he?


Marko Issever
December 27, 2018 10:33 AM  Marko Issever

Unfortunately, he cannot. The new person, even if he is a close family member like a spouse, will have to start the process all over again.

Niranjan Adhikari
January 16, 2019 10:21 AM  Niranjan Adhikari

Unfortunately not. However the investor could seek a refund of the investment as per investment agreement and perhaps grant that money to other person. You may have to work with regional center's counsel on that matter.
Note: This is a blog post by attorney Niranjan Adhikari and should NOT be construed as a legal advice. The materials appearing on this are attorney advertising. This site is NOT intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you or your employer want to learn more about this and other immigration law topics do contact us at (+1) 888 820 4430 (toll free), or (+1) 202 459 2105, or email us at


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.