Preeti Sinha

How can my fiance receive a green card through my EB-5 application?

At the time of applying for my EB-5 application, I was just engaged to my finance. Will my finance still receive the temporary green card? In other words, do I need to be legally married to my partner before applying for EB-5 in order to receive the green card for both me and my partner?


Mark Ivener
December 10, 2015 06:11 PM  Mark Ivener

Yes, as long as you marry before you apply for a conditional Green Card after the I-526 is approved.

Marko Issever
January 27, 2019 10:11 PM  Marko Issever

At the time of I-526 applications, you do not need to be married. You can always add your wife before you apply for conditional permanent residency. If you don't, you can always sponsor your wife once you obtain your green card. USCIS in their website clearly states: In order to bring your spouse (husband or wife) to live in the United States as a green card holder (permanent resident), you must be either a U.S. citizen or green card holder.


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.