Humberto Gomez

Residential envestment

Am I e legible to get green card if I have $300,000 invested in flipping houses


Raymond Lahoud
February 28, 2016 03:29 PM  Raymond Lahoud

The minimum investments are either 500,000 or 1,000,000 -- depending on the area and if the area is a targeted employment area (TEA). Investment aside, there must be a job creation element to the EB-5 project. To simply "flip" houses, would not appear to be one that creates the overall direct or indirect job requirements.

Ismael Fernandez
March 01, 2016 11:22 AM  Ismael Fernandez

Flipping houses is generally not a great business model for any investment visa, other than the E-2 and even then, it would be wise not to show this as a one-man show business. I have seen denials on L-1 visas for adopting a house flipping business with a few employees. The minimum amount for EB-5 is $500,000 and you will be required to generate 10 full-time jobs, so $300,000 is really out of the questions. Sorry.

Adrian Orgill
October 11, 2016 03:26 PM  Adrian Orgill

When investing in real estate the purchase price or acquisition costs do not qualify for 500,000 or 1M investment. Only construction or rehab cost are eligible. so in order for a flip business to work it would require a significant volume of homes being rehabbed to meet the requirement.

Colin Behring
January 11, 2017 11:46 AM  Colin Behring

For the EB-5 catagory, the simple answer is NO, and its not even close.

House flipping would not qualify because the investment amount is less than the minimum $500,000, you would lack a Regional Center Sponsor and you would only be able to utilize direct hiring to verify job creation which is administratively far more cumbersome and difficult than using economic models. Utilizing home flipping would be virtually impossible given the volume of homes needed to flip on such a small amount of capital. Directly hiring 10 full time employees is not typical of house flipping since most individuals involved are all subcontractors. Using indirect means to verify job creation also would prove difficult. Given my experience utilizing RIMS-II for our own projects in California, you would likely need to spend over $2 Million on construction expenditures, fully accounted for and documented, in order to indirectly or induce enough economic impact to verify 10 jobs were created. You would need a Regional Center Sponsor in order to qualify for the TEA category and reduce the minimum investment down to $500,000 from $1,000,000.

Marko Issever
October 04, 2017 02:43 PM  Marko Issever

At the minimum, today you need to invest $ 500,000 if the area of the project could be classified as Targeted Employment Area. If you decide to engage in house flipping as an activity it would virtually be impossible to satisfy the 10+ full time jobs requirement. You are much better off in trying to see if you could tap into your financial resources and increase your investment amount to $ 500,000 and go through a regional center. It will save you a tremendous headache.


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.