Viji Durga

Question on offshore broker/dealers setting up offices in the US and soliciting issuers - 3rd April, 2013

EB-5 Engagement with the Securities and Exchange Commission - 3rd April, 2013.


Russell C. Weigel, III
April 10, 2016 04:30 AM  Russell C. Weigel, III

Yes, a foreign broker coming to the U.S. and soliciting U.S. companies to facilitate their offerings of securities offshore, especially one that has an office in the U.S., is a broker that the SEC will require to be registered.

Marko Issever
January 06, 2019 01:22 PM  Marko Issever

Any broker dealer whether their parent is a US company or foreign company needs to be registered in order to solicit issuers or investors in the US. The operative word here is "setting up offices in the US". Once a broker dealer is domiciled in the US they need to be registered.


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.