Viji Durga

As an overseas agent/broker to what extent is one allowed to have an office to conduct operations in the US - 3rd April, 2013

EB-5 Engagement with the Securities and Exchange Commission - 3rd April, 2013.


Russell C. Weigel, III
April 10, 2016 04:39 AM  Russell C. Weigel, III

An offshore agent can have an office in the U.S. and not be licensed as a broker by the SEC or FINRA so long as the agent does not participate in securities sales activity. Administrative or marketing offices conducting zero brokerage or investment banking services in the U.S. likely will be able to operate without a securities broker license.

Marko Issever
January 27, 2019 08:04 PM  Marko Issever

It makes no difference that the company is an overseas agent/broker. Once they are in the US soil and are involved in securities transactions (which by definition they are by being involved in EB-5) they need to be licenced.


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.