Deepa Ramchandran

What visitor visa would I apply for before the EB-5 visa to go to a U.S. territory?


Raymond Lahoud
May 07, 2016 04:35 PM  Raymond Lahoud

We need more information to answer your question. I am assuming that you wish to travel to the United States to look at business opportunities and the like. If that is the case, you can apply for your B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. Remember, on B-1/B-2 visitor visas, you are just coming to visit for business or pleasure and are returning. It is not a dual intent visa.

Marko Issever
December 30, 2018 08:24 PM  Marko Issever

Most likely, B-1/B-2 visa. This is what you can get to come to the US as a tourist, as a visitor. You cannot work under this visa but certainly can have a feel for the country. The key is as you say to get this visa BEFORE applying for the EB-5. Once you apply for the EB-5 visa, you are declaring your immigrant intent. If you try to apply for the B-1/B-2 with an I-526 petition on file, you could easily be denied due to dual intent.


Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.