As defense lawyers in the EB-5 Kingdom Con scandal call on prosecutors to interview high-profile politicians, Sen. Patrick Leahy-- one of the key figures in pitching the program overseas-- says he's happy to talk with anyone about the case.
Right now, four men are facing charges over a failed plan to build a biotech plant in the Northeast Kingdom using foreign investors' money. They've all pleaded not guilty.
We told you last week that defense lawyers want federal prosecutors to interview high-profile politicians such as Sen. Leahy and former Gov. Peter Shumlin because they played a big role in pitching the EB-5 program overseas.
Leahy says as soon as the fraud allegations came forward, he co-sponsored legislation to reform and clean up the EB-5 program so fraud and abuse don't happen. The senator says the ongoing criminal case is "very appropriate."
"I've prosecuted a lot of cases. I listen to his defense lawyer, that's usually... If the facts are on your side, you pound the facts. If the law is on your side, pound the law. If you don't have either on your side, pound the table. He's pounding the table," said Leahy, D-Vermont.
- United States of America vs Ariel Quiros & Bill Stenger
- Michael I. Goldberg vs Ariel Quiros
- MICHAEL I. GOLDBERG vs The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Ariel Quiros & Joel Burstein
- JAMES B. SHAW, JOHANNES EIJMBERTS, and LORNE MORRIS Individually and On Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated, vs The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Bill Stenger & Joel Burstein & Ariel Quiros
- ALEXANDRE DACCACHE, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated vs Ariel Quiros & Bill Stenger & The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Joel Burstein
- State of Vermont vs Bill Stenger & Ariel Quiros
- UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION vs Ariel Quiros & Bill Stenger
Subscribe for News
Join Professionals on EB5Projects.com →
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.