EB-5 & Foreign Investments in Real Estate Panel Discussion
- Investors have a lot of choices when it comes to various visa types with their respective pros and cons.
- What are some of the most popular visa types that foreign investors should be thinking of when they decide to move to the United States?
- What are the immigrant as well as the nonimmigrant visa type that are available to our investors? Carissa Tyler
- In the last few years, we have heard a lot about the EB-5 visa. What seems to have been a solely Chinese investor exclusive, has now become increasingly popular all around the world, most notably by the citizens of Vietnam, India, and Brazil to name a few.
- What is EB-5?
- Who are the most likely candidates for them?
- How much does it cost?
- What challenges are there to actually obtain this visa?
- What is the timeline? Marko Issever
- Foreign investors either would like to immigrate to the US or if they do not want to or cannot, still would like to own a piece of real estate in the United States. Most, if not all, of these investors do not want to purchase the real estate all in cash.
- What words of advice can we give them in their pursuit of a mortgage?
- When should they start thinking about it?
- What kinds of qualifications do they need to be eligible for the mortgage?
- How long does the process from start to finish take?
- As a foreign investor how much leverage could they realistically expect?
- Can they borrow after the purchase as home equity loan as well?
- Waht are the market conditions today for the most popular mortgage types? Albert Diaz
- Foreign investors have a lot of thinking to do when it comes to tax planning and company formation. Almost no country overseas resemble the system we have here in the US such as global taxation, the use of LLC’s, off-shore entities to protect and shelter income, certain open-ended liabilities to name a few.
- What words of tax planning advice could you give to our investors who are planning to immigrate to the US and therefore are in the process of getting a green card.
- When should they start thinking about company formation? Of course, this answer would differ depending on their net worth, income they will be generating such as passive income and/or earned income.
- Feel free to take us through a couple of the most common scenarios so that our audience has a better feel of the challenges their clients are facing when they make immigration and/or investment in US real estate decision. Michael Nerenberg & John Cipollone
Albert Diaz, HSBC Bank USA, N.A
Carissa Tyler, BARST MUKAMAL & KLEINER LLC
John Cipollone, L.M. Cohen & Company
Marko Issever, America EB5 Visa LLC
Michael Lulkin, Gold Abstract Services, LLC
Michael R. Nerenberg, Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins, & Goidel, P.C.
Subscribe for News
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.