Yesterday, the leading EB-5 Trade Associations/Coalitions sent a letter to the Senate and House Judiciary Committee Leaders and Members expressing support for extending the EB-5 Regional Center Program and recommending concrete changes. This is a decisive moment for the EB-5 Industry as the key members of the community are all speaking with one voice This effort is encouraging and will likely add to productive conversations with key offices on the Hill.
The letter highlights support for:
- Integrity measures. To address fraud, national security, as well as additional measures to protect good faith investors and provide for procedures that would have identified or prevented the EB-5 problems in Vermont.
- TEA Policy Changes and Monetary Differentials. To make the exception to the rule truly the exception based upon objective criteria. Implement reasonable differentials between TEA and non-TEA projects.
- Visa Numbers. Encourage backlog reductions and other solutions to the visa oversubscription.
- Grandfathering/Transition Period. Individual Investors – No retroactivity or changes to filings for investors who have filed I-526s approvable at the time of filing. Reasonable implementation of effective dates for Projects
- Extension of the RC program. A longer term extension of the Regional Center program with the ultimate goal of making it permanent.
Subscribe for News
Join Professionals on EB5Projects.com →
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.