Burke Mountain lawyer objects to decision to set resort’s value at $18.7 million
A lawyer representing Burke Mountain is appealing a decision by the Town of Burke to set the market value of the ski resort at slightly more than $18.7 million, saying it is too high..
According to the Caledonian Record, Burlington attorney William Prescott recently wrote to town officials to contest the decision by the town’s assessor. According to the newspaper, Prescott said Burke Mountain is losing money, and the lack of profitability lowers the property’s value beneath the present level. He’s seeking a hearing before the Burke Board of Civil Authority.
The ski resort is currently in the hands of a court-appointed receiver until a new owner can buy it. Burke Mountain’s former owner, Ariel Quiros, is expected to plead guilty in federal court this Friday in connection with the Northeast Kingdom EB-5 investment scandal.
- United States of America vs Ariel Quiros & Bill Stenger
- Michael I. Goldberg vs Ariel Quiros
- Chinese investors & Investors from the United Kingdom vs Vermont EB5 Regional Center & Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development RC & Brent Raymond
- MICHAEL I. GOLDBERG vs The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Ariel Quiros & Joel Burstein
- JAMES B. SHAW, JOHANNES EIJMBERTS, and LORNE MORRIS Individually and On Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated, vs The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Bill Stenger & Joel Burstein & Ariel Quiros
- CARLOS ENRIQUE HILLER SANCHEZ vs Joel Burstein & The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James
- State of Vermont vs Bill Stenger & Ariel Quiros
- UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION vs Ariel Quiros & Bill Stenger
Subscribe for News
Join Professionals on EB5Projects.com →
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.