Renderings unveiled of $700M luxury condo tower designed by David Adjaye
- Renderings for the Lightstone Group's new David Adjaye–designed, $700 million New York City luxury condominium tower have been unveiled by The Real Deal.
- The 750-foot-tall skyscraper will offer 228-244 units, with prices ranging from $630,000 to $4.7 million, according to Dezeen. The exterior will feature a golden facade with arched windows along the length of the building.
- This is Adjaye's first skyscraper in New York City. His U.S. projects include the Museum of Contemporary Art in Denver and the National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, DC, which opened last year.
Adjaye, who also designed the Sugar Hill affordable housing development in Harlem, was featured in Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in 2017.
In March, Lightstone announced that it had secured a $305 million construction loan for the 130 William Street project, an impressive feat given the tight lending market for high-end luxury condo projects. The company said the cash infusion would pay for half the construction costs.
Lightstone plans to finance $112.5 million of construction using its own money and land equity but is also pursuing $100 million in EB-5 program funding from investors in China and Vietnam, according to The Real Deal.
The controversial investment program allows foreign investors to put between $500,000 and $1 million into qualified U.S. projects in return for expedited processing of their green card applications. There are 10,000 EB-5 visas allocated each year by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, and \ the majority of investors come from China.
Major developers utilize the program, and Hudson Yards developer Related Cos. reportedly raised $600 million using that method. The company has also spent $1.4 million for lobbying efforts in support of expanding, or at least maintaining, the EB-5 option.
- Lightstone Group
- The Real Deal
- Hudson Yards Manhattan Tower A-1 - A-8
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Related Companies
- New York
Subscribe for News
Join Professionals on EB5Projects.com →
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.