Northeastern Vermont Development Association David Snedeker, NVDA Executive Director in the following report updates economic development projects in the Northeast Kingdom, including at Q Burke, the airport and at AnC Bio in Newport. Along with construction and planning, workforce development will require a major effort.
NEK Economic Development / EB-5 Projects
Q-Burke Mountain Hotel
EB-5 partners continue to welcome new investors to the project and a successful trip to Vietnam was just completed last week. An announcement on the hotel's opening is expected at the end of March.
Jay Peak Resort
Designs for the indoor Mountain Recreation Center are complete and permits are in place for construction to begin this year. Construction on the Stateside Cottages will resume in the Summer.
Final designs for the facility are nearly complete. Ground preparation and underground utilities are in place. Construction is expected to start in April with a targeted opening date in Autumn 2017. The developer is working with VT State Colleges to develop workforce training initiatives.
NEK International Airport
- A pre-construction meeting for the Taxiway is scheduled for mid-March.
- Installation of the Fuel Farm will be complete in April.
- Construction of septic and water upgrades is scheduled in May.
- Construction of the Snow Removal Building will begin in June.
- Designs for the new terminal facility have been submitted for review and approval. Once approved, the project will begin the Act 250 permitting process. Terminal construction is planned for the Fall.
- Contracts are being developed for potential users of a bonded warehouse facility on-site.
- Vermont EB5 Regional Center
- Jay Peak - AnC Bio Vermont
- Jay Peak - Q Burke Mountain Resort, Hotel and Conference Center L.P.
- Jay Peak Resort - Hotel Jay & Conference Center
Subscribe for News
Join Professionals on EB5Projects.com →
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.