WCAX News has confirmed federal charges will happen Wednesday in Vermont's largest fraud scandal ever.
It involves Jay Peak Resort and the never-built ANC Bio facility, along with several other redevelopment projects in the Northeast Kingdom.
We're told much of the focus will be around ANC Bio, which was supposed to have been a research facility built in Newport.
Stenger and Quiros were accused of a $200 million "Ponzi-like" scheme, diverting investor money through the EB-5 program. Quiros was also accused of spending $50 million of investors' funds on personal luxuries like a Trump Tower condo.
EB-5 allows foreign investors to obtain visas to live in the U.S. by investing in economic development projects. Two other people, including a Korean investor, could be officially charged Wednesday.
That alleged scheme, uncovered in April 2016, revealed contractors and investors who were unpaid.
The properties were handed over to a receiver to manage.
We've also learned that the U.S. Attorney for Vermont will hold a press conference Wednesday at a site that was supposed to have been developed but still sits empty on Main Street in Newport. It's a site some in the city have dubbed "Little Beirut."
- Jay Peak - AnC Bio Vermont
- Jay Peak - Q Burke Mountain Resort, Hotel and Conference Center L.P.
- Ariel Quiros
- Bill Stenger
- MICHAEL I. GOLDBERG vs The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Ariel Quiros & Joel Burstein
- JAMES B. SHAW, JOHANNES EIJMBERTS, and LORNE MORRIS Individually and On Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated, vs The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Bill Stenger & Joel Burstein & Ariel Quiros
- ALEXANDRE DACCACHE, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated vs Ariel Quiros & Bill Stenger & The AM Wealth Management Group of Raymond James & Joel Burstein
- State of Vermont vs Bill Stenger & Ariel Quiros
- UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION vs Ariel Quiros & Bill Stenger
Subscribe for News
Join Professionals on EB5Projects.com →
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.