China Claims 85% of EB-5 Visas Given Out by U.S.

China Claims 85% of EB-5 Visas Given Out by U.S.

According to World Journal, the U.S. Visa Office's updated Report of the Visa Office 2014 shows that the U.S. was given 10,692 EB-5 investment visas in total in 2014. Among the EB-5 visas, China covers 9,128 - a rate of 85%.

According to the last year's report, China received 32,825 U.S. immigration visas, and in the new Report of the Visa Office 2014, China received 36,138 the U.S. immigration visas - a growth rate of 12%. The report from the U.S. Visa Office is based on statistics from October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014. The data from the report point out that among the U.S. visa offices worldwide in 2014 fiscal year, the top three consulates of the U.S. are Ciudad Juarez of Mexico, sending out 57,764 visas, Santo Domingo of Dominican Republic, sending out 37,146 visas, and Guangzhou of China, sending out 35,347 visas, respectively.
The report also mentions that investment immigrants who receive visas through regional center programs reach 10, 375 with the rate of 97% and visas through direct investment programs reach 316 with the rate of 3%. Among the 316 visas, 161 visas invest $1 million, covering 51%, and the rest of 155 visas invest $500,000, covering 49%.
In terms of investment amount, 162 visas invest $1 million, only covering 1.5% and 10,530 visas invest $500,000, covering 98.5%. 
Association to Invest in USA (IIUSA) points out that the EB-5 immigrants contributed to U.S.' economy about $3 billion last year. But there are many issues of EB-5 programs. Because more than 80% applicants are Chinese investors, Chinese investors often become the target of fraud group. For example, A Chicago Convention Center (ACCC) fraud caused 290 Chinese investors suffered.
Industry experts suggest investors currently it is the gold application period for EB-5 investment immigration projects. The best way is to select the safe and fast investment immigration projects as soon as possible to seize the visa quota. 



  • Illinois

Securities Disclaimer

This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.