BY: Sarah Salarano
In preparation for the United States to finally opens its borders for fully vaccinated foreign nationals, the U.S. Department of State recently released list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and answers regarding COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements for international travelers. Here is a summary of the key points:
- From November 8 onwards, foreign nationals travelling to the U.S. must be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccine
- Fully vaccinated travelers much also show a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of flight boarding
- The U.S. will only accept FDA approved and authorized vaccines, as well as vaccines granted an emergency use listing from the World Health Organization
- Proof of vaccine can be either a paper or digital record issued by an official source and must show the traveler’s name and date of birth
- Children under 18 are exempt from the vaccination requirement, but must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test
- The new travel requirements replace the existing country-by-county restrictions
For more details and to read the full list of FAQs, click here.
These updated requirements are the U.S.’ first major change in international travel following almost two years of restrictions from various countries, including the United Kingdom and Schengen region. As global vaccination cases have risen, President Biden has faced mounting pressure to ease travel restrictions, many of which were set in place by the Trump Administration. The lifting of these fragmented travel bans is a positive step towards revitalizing our global economy and alleviating diplomatic rifts.
About the Author
Sarah Salarano is a paralegal at Mona Shah & Associates Global. She graduated from Emory University in December 2020 with a degree in Political Science and English.
Subscribe for News
Join Professionals on EB5Projects.com →
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.