User was viewed 1472 times (total).
Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP is a U.S. immigration law firm of 24 attorneys with substantial experience in representing U.S. businesses and foreign nationals with their U.S. immigration needs, including the EB-5 category. Only a small percentage of immigration law attorneys have certified specialist standing, which is attained based on depth and breadth of immigration law experience, specialized legal education courses, rigorous examination, and professional references. We have more certified specialists in immigration law than any other law firm. In the EB-5 field, we have successfully represented approximately 3,000 clients, including an estimated 1,000 clients whom we assisted in obtaining removal of conditions from their resident status. We have assisted dozens of our U.S. regional center and business clients in raising nearly $4 billion for more than 100 different job-creating enterprises through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.
Michele Franchett is a partner at Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez LLP. She is admitted to the California Bar, and is a Certified Specialist in the practice of Immigration and Nationality Law. She has over twenty years of experience in the field, and her current practice is focused on investor and entrepreneurial immigration, with particular emphasis on EB-5 capital group representation. She provides counsel to a number of regional centers seeking to obtain or amend regional center designations and exemplar petition approvals. Ms. Franchett serves on the national EB-5 Committee of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”), the Public Policy Committee of Invest In the USA (“IIUSA”), and is a former chair of the AILA Southern California Chapter. Having started working in the area of U.S. immigration in 1986, Ms. Franchett has since accumulated experience encompassing virtually every area of business-based immigration. She has represented multinational corporations, research hospitals, universities, investors, entrepreneurs, academicians, artists, and entrepreneurs from around the globe. Ms. Franchett has also represented clients applying for visas at U.S. Consulates in Toronto, Halifax, and Ciudad Juarez, and at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul. In more recent years she traveled to China to provide EB-5 training for licensed immigration consultants. Ms. Franchett is conversant in Mandarin Chinese.
• 2015, August – Job Creation Methodologies for Regional Center Projects – AILA EB-5 Investors Summit, Las Vegas, Nevada
• 2015, February – EB-5 Recent Trends – AILA Southern California Winter CLE Conference, Palm Springs, California
• 2014, July – I-829 Removal Process – AILA EB-5 Investors and Regional Centers Conference, Chicago, Illinois
• 2014, June - Performing Immigration Due Diligence on EB-5 Regional Centers, AILA Annual Conference, Boston, Massachusetts
• 2014, March - Regional Centers vs. Direct Investments, Los Angeles County Bar Association EB-5 Seminar, Los Angeles, California
• 2014, March - EB-5 Overview, AILA Southern California Chapter Winter CLE Conference, Mammoth, California
• 2013, October - EB-5 Visa Quota Retrogression, AILA National Webinar
• 2013, October - I-829 and Documenting Job Creation, ILW EB-5 Summit for Attorneys and Developers, Los Angeles, California
• 2013, May - I-829 and Documenting Job Creation, ILW EB-5 Summit for Attorneys and Developers, Washington, DC
• 2012, April - Focus on Investors From China, AILA National EB-5 Conference, Nassau, Bahamas
• 2011, October - To EB-5 or Not to EB-5, AILA National EB-5 Conference, San Antonio, TX
• 2010, December - Visas For Entertainment Industry Workers, California Lawyers for the Arts
• Representing Investors and Entrepreneurs from China, Amidst a Market Enthralled by EB-5, Immigration Options for Investors & Entrepreneurs, 3rd Edition, AILA, 2014
• Immigration Update, PIHRA Scope, May 2002
• Spousal Work Authorization Bill Signed by President Bush, PIHRA Scope, March 2002
• Overview of Recent Changes in Immigration Law Affecting Health Care Human Resource Administrators, AHHRA News, 1996
• DV Lotteries–A Mad or Rational Way to Allocate Immigrant Visas, AILA Immigration & Nationality Law Handbook, 1996 • Non-Traditional H-1Bs and TNs, Emerging Issues in Immigration Law, AILA California Chapters Conference Handbook, 1994.
Notable Professional Activities:
• Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
• Vice Chair Communications,, Board of Directors, International Visitors Council of Los Angeles, 2013 - present
• Chair, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Southern California Chapter (AILA), 1996-1997
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.