Firm was viewed 598 times (total).
Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
In the early days, our founders developed a reputation for excellence; F.M. Bass, Frank Berry and Cecil Sims were fastidious, intellectually curious and highly sought after. They pioneered our now robust mergers and acquisitions practice by participating in notable transactions such as the Cheek-Neal Coffee Company, known for Maxwell House Coffee, in its sale to Postum in 1928 for $20 million and by representing Fourth and First National Bank in its merger with American National Bank in 1930. A few years later, Cecil Sims initiated one of the firm's first alternative fee arrangements, which lasted from 1934 until the late 1960's, with Vanderbilt University's Chancellor Kirkland.
Ninety years after its inception, Bass, Berry & Sims continues to lead clients through increasingly complex legal challenges. Our highly skilled attorney teams aim to provide a profound understanding of our clients' businesses and perspective, sound judgment, efficiency and responsiveness to every matter. Recently, we represented a Nashville-based, leading provider of healthcare services in its leveraged buyout (LBO), which was, at the time, the largest LBO in history; we were engaged as the New York Stock Exchange's Regulatory Auditor; and we successfully tried the largest case in Tennessee involving the breach of a $1.4 billion merger agreement. We advance opportunities and deliver results.
- "The firm's performance was outstanding. I'd put them up there with the big firms globally - some of the finest attorneys I've seen." (from Chambers USA 2015)
- "They have a pristine reputation and are widely respected. They are worth their weight in gold!" (from Chambers USA 2014)
- "They are very professional, strategic thinkers. Cooperative collaboration within the firm definitely enhances outcomes, and client communication is a strength." (from Chambers USA 2013)
- Primary outside counsel to more than 30 public companies
- More than 60 practice groups
- Long-term client relationships: 54% of our clients have been with the firm for 10 or more years
- 4 offices: Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis and Washington, D.C.
- 41 attorneys listed as leaders in Chambers USA 2015
- 6 practices ranked #1 for Tennessee in Chambers USA 2015
- Healthcare practice ranked in Chambers USA 2015 East Coast category, reporting the team "stands out for its deep industry experience, regularly handling large-scale transactions and complex regulatory matters from its Tennessee base." (from Chambers USA 2015)
- "M&A Deal of the Year" award in the "Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year (Over $250MM)" category as part of the 13th Annual M&A Advisor Awards
- "Tennessee Firm of the Year" for Litigation by Benchmark 2015 U.S.
- 91 attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016
- Ranked in the top 200 of The National Law Journal's NLJ 350, 2014
- Included in the top 20 of American Health Lawyers Association's largest healthcare firms in the nation list, 2015
- Recommended as a United States firm for "Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts – M&A – Middle-Market (sub-$500M)" by The Legal 500 United States 2014 guide
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell shares or securities. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only by means of an investment's confidential Offering Memorandum and in accordance with the terms of all applicable securities and other laws. This website does not constitute or form part of, and should not be construed as, any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied on in any connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever. EB5Projects.com LLC and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from: (i) reliance on any information contained in the website, (ii) any error, omission or inaccuracy in any such information or (iii) any action resulting therefrom.